Sunday, June 22, 2008

Clusters

I saw the Wall today. As in, "Late June is when you'll probably hit the wall in your studying."

The assignment for today was a practice half-day MBE, so 100 questions in 3 hours (mixed subject). I glimpsed the wall when I saw the rest of the assignment: simulate two remedies essays.

I got about 60% right on the MBE practice, and I'm not sure where that leaves me. It's really painful to check your answers when you have a binge of incorrect answers all in a row. (Each time I think to myself, "cluster f*ck.")

I always feel worse when my answer is physically distant from the correct answer: when I said "A" and the answer was "D." It's silly because the answer choices don't work like that, but all the same some part of me helplessly thinks, "Damn, I wasn't even close!"

Sometimes I think the best part of the real MBE will be not having to check my answers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry... once you start seeing the wall, you're not too far from the point of diminishing returns. As in "hey... if I study 10 more hours this weekend, I'll probably only raise my score a point or two, and since I'm already passing, I'll just hit the pool instead."

So you have that to look forward to. Can't wait to see what your blog becomes once you start working!

Sansserif said...

Hah! Thanks for the, ah, encouragement. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I was on my tippy toes looking over the wall when we had that professional responsibility lecture. That was brutal.

Sansserif said...

I hear you. My moment of hopelessness with Professional Responsibility was when I thought to myself in despair, "I don't even know how to spell incompetent."

Getting on top of the CA variations is brutal.