Thursday, July 24, 2008

Deep Breath

A week from today I'll be done, and not a moment too soon as I feel like I'm losing my mind a bit. If you're studying for the bar, I know what you're thinking: only just now? Yeah, just now:

I've been obsessing for several days about how absurd it is that I've been in law school for three years and I never came up with a shorthand abbreviation for "judgment." How could that possibly be? (I settled on "jmt.") While we're on the subject, why doesn't MS Word auto-correct "judgement" (with the E) into "judgment"? Do you know how many times I've typed that wrong?

I made about 30 flashcards yesterday. I know I did this because I remember deciding to do it, and I remember reading through my torts notes. All the same, when I went through the cards today, I had no recollection of writing them.

7 comments:

Youareyou said...

More blueberries!

Anonymous said...

Make more flashcards if it helps to soothe your soul, but I guaranty that you already know more than enough law to comfortably pass the bar.

Anonymous said...

Oh. One more word of confidence. If you can get two 70's on the performance tests and just a 120 raw on the MBE, you can score an average of just under 60 on each essay and still pass. So, there is a lot of leeway.

Sansserif said...

Thanks, friend, for restoring my perspective. Needed that.

Cappy said...

Remember that anxiety is a GOOD thing, it makes you more alert as opposed to being totally chill. Now channel that anxiety into something productive!

You can do it!!! Can't wait for your next post about the whole ordeal.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't get auto-corrected because judgement is, in fact, a legitimate alternative spelling of the word.

Sansserif said...

Apparently MS hasn't been told! "Judgement" shows up with a red line under it in Word (and Firefox!).