Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Burglar

So I had both my laptop and my iPod burglarized from my apartment. S/he came in through the kitchen window, which was cracked. Consider yourself warned.

Anyway, I emailed iTunes because obviously I'd lost all the songs I'd purchased on there. It was a sad email, about how I was grieving for all my lost music, was there anything they could do? Everyone told me it was lost forever. Nevertheless, this was the reply:

"I'm sorry to hear that you lost your iTunes Store purchases when your computer was stolen. I know how distressing that can be, so I've made all of the content you lost available for you to download again, free of charge. Please understand that Apple does not offer protection against the loss of your purchases, so this is a one-time exception."

So I'd like to give big ups to "Adrienne" at Apple, who restored me my lost music. Now that's customer service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm sick in bed this evening and am missing out on Xanadu that's playing for free at Dolores Park. I got to your blog from myspace. Anyway, I'm glad to hear apple and adrienne were awesome!

I had a laptop stolen in Italy from a cracked window. I feel your pain, but yeah, there's nothing like getting new toys.

Also, please cosider throwing a fund raising party for your stolen goods.

Cheers,
Barce

Sansserif said...

My sympathies, feel better soon! Fund raising party, that's brilliant!