Monday, September 11, 2006

Seance

I'm sitting in Wills. We just concluded our Nalgene Bottle Seance. It's night now, and my prof turned off the lights in the classroom, and we sat in the eerie emanations of our laptops. He asked everyone who had a Nalgene bottle to hold it in their hands (about 6 people of the 100 of us). Then he held up his green Nalgene and put the podium light under it so that a sparkling green spectre appeared on the ceiling. He said, "Look, something's happening!"
"Does anyone have a question to ask the Nalgene Bottle?"
No responses.
"You're going to regret it later: 'Oh, I should've asked the Nalgene Bottle!'"

I wish I could shed some light on the origins and/or purposes of this exercise, but your guess is as good as mine.

Makes interesting blog fodder though.

2 comments:

Lawyerlike said...

I love how Nalgene has obtained such a level of ubiquity among water bottles, and how it's now branched into other realms.

Sansserif said...

Yep, especially in the institutions of higher learning. I think colleges populatized them, not to mention Lexis and Westlaw passing them out like candy...