Monday, August 27, 2007

Juicing

I got a kick out of this piece from my Sports Law text:

"In sports employment contracts, another unique feature is the concept of "juice." Juice is the ability to write your own ticket based on unique skills or rampant popularity. The more juice a player possesses, the greater [his or her] ability to modify [his or her] employment contract...."

I dig that the authors put that in the book. That's the kind of lingo I wish all my texts included.

But: living in the Bay Area (home to Barry Bonds, of course), I can be forgiven for thinking the authors were going to define the term a bit differently!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much that term is actually used anymore. It seems so late '90's. It is sort of fun that the author turned it into a vocabulary word though.