Monday, March 05, 2007

Spring "Break"

This whole Spring Break thing is such a farce. It's not a break, it's a chance to catch up on your reading and find a job. I don't know any fellow law student actually going on vacation. In fact, today is the first Monday of our break week, and two of my friends have already confessed to spending the day in the library.

It's a law of nature that you can't get any work done at the beach. I've been poolside in LA, but I too have been doing school work. (Research for a paper.) Admittedly interspersed with 1) sending a slightly-obnoxious, don't-you-wish-you-were-here webcam photo (see above) to a Canadian blawg buddy, 2) working, successfully, on my first burn of the season, and 3) fighting with a 5 Mbps wireless connection snagged from the neighbors.

I'm heading back to the Bay Area tomorrow before I become persuaded that I'm on vacation.

2 comments:

Lawyerlike said...

It's funny, I can never find any "Wish you were here"-themed postcards at any Canadian location. "Here" is perpetually elsewhere.

Also, a slight correction, it's actually "the nature of law" that prevents work from being done at the beach. ;)

Richard Morgenstern said...

hmm, lawyerlike is witty.