Sunday, April 08, 2007

Argument Killer

Last night I entered a bar in LA and had taken approximately one sip of my drink before I found myself in the middle of a conversation on illegal file-sharing. Someone mentioned that Columbia University was named the worst movie piracy school - my friend and I looked at each other and winced (we're alums), and that's what started the conversation between the three of us. My man in LA works for a talent agency, the other guy is an actor, and I of course represented the legal element. We all began arguing our respective positions, but surprise, surprise, we suddenly found ourselves in perfect agreement: I said the words "subscription-based model!"

6 comments:

Lawyerlike said...

Any chance it was the same lawyer-frequented bar seen in "Arrested Development," 'Deliberations'?

Anonymous said...

I think they had all been reading Bob Loblaw's law blog before the conversation.

Sansserif said...

Lol, thank you for dropping that comment and sending me off on a wild Google chase to figure out what you were talking about.

Lawyerlike said...

The visual search explains so much more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TewF6FX_8k

kittykatz said...

Les Ottolenghi, CEO of INTENT MediaWorks, a digital distribution system that works with peer-to-peer networks, said he’s had meetings with people from Apple and he believes the company will announce a subscription service for iTunes within the next six months. “I think Apple is seriously considering a subscription offering right now even though they will probably tell you otherwise,” he said. Spokespeople for Apple were not immediately available for comment.

Full Story

Lawyerlike said...

That's all well and good Gatos, but what does it have to do with Arrested Development?

Mind the topic. ;)